B.SC. IN HOSPITALITY AND HOTEL ADMINISTRATION
Duration: 3 Years (full time course)
Mode of Selection: All India Joint Entrance Exam.
Qualification: Passed in Class XII of 10+2 system or equivalent
About the Course
The Bachelor of Science program in Hospitality and Hotel Administration is offered jointly by the National Council for Hotel Management and the Indira Gandhi National Open University. The Three-Year (Six Semester) full time regular course equips students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the Hospitality sector. The program also involves in-depth laboratory work for students to acquire required knowledge and skill standards in the operational areas of Food Production, Food & Beverage Service, Front Office Operation and House Keeping. It also provides managerial inputs in Hotel Accountancy, Food Safety & Quality, Human Resource Management, Facility Planning, Financial Management, Strategic Management, Tourism Marketing and Tourism Management.
National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology (NCHMCT) is an autonomous body under Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. The Council centrally regulates academics for B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration and eleven other structured courses of study that are imparted at the 21 Central Institutes of Hotel Management, 19 State Government institutes and 14 institutes in the private sector.
Career Opportunities for Hospitality Graduates
Global growth and development of tourism have opened up innumerable avenues for employment. As a result, the graduating students can look forward to career opportunities as;
- Management Trainee in Hotel and allied hospitality industry;
- Kitchen Management/Housekeeping Management positions in Hotels after initial stint as trainee;
- Flight Kitchens and on-board flight services;
- Indian Navy Hospitality services;
- Guest/Customer Relation Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors;
- Management Trainee/Executive in international and national fast food chains;
- Hospital and Institutional Catering;
- Faculty in Hotel Management/Food Craft Institutes;
- Shipping and Cruise lines;
- Marketing/Sales Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors;
- State Tourism Development Corporations;
- Resort Management;
- Self-employment through entrepreneurship and
- Multinational companies for their hospitality services.
About 80% of the graduates are employed by Hospitality and other service sectors through on-campus and off-campus recruitment processes.
Eligibility for Admission
A pass in 10+2 system of Senior Secondary examination or its equivalent with English as one of the subjects. Candidate must have passed English as a subject of study (core/elective/functional) in the qualifying examination.
Those appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear in JEE 2016 on provisional basis. Provisional admission will stand cancelled if proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) is not submitted at the time of counselling or at the time of admission or latest by 30-09-2016.
The offer of admission is subject to verification of original certificates/documents at the time of admission.